Simple Water Conservation Tips to follow so you can help in conserving our water resources.
- Check for leaks within your water piping system regularly and have them repaired immediately.
- You can also report leaking pipes to the Baguio Water District
- Use a basin when washing vegetables, fruits and other foods.
- Avoid thawing frozen food under running tap water; bring out frozen food from the freezer/refrigerator hours before cooking.
Taking showers and flushing the toilet
- Take short showers or you can also use a pail or "batya" instead of shower.
- Use basins and avoid overflow of water when laundering with hands.
- Use washing machines with full load only and use only as needed.
- Reuse laundry water for flushing toilets, washing cars or gardening
Washing hands, face and hair
- Use a wash basin, dipper or pail
Brushing your teeth and Shaving
- Use a glass when brushing your teeth, also when rinsing your razor.
Rain Water Harvesting
- You can use ordinary asphalt drums in doing so